Add AOL Mail Account to iPad
AOL provides SMTP servers for the iPad’s Mail app and other email programs. Like its predecessors, such as iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, the new iPad Air support AOL mail. While the iPad Air includes AOL as an email option, alternatively you can also set up your AOL email account manually. In this guide, we will show you how to set up AOL account on iPad Air with its built-in option other than the manualy email configuration. iPad air will automatically fill up most information with less manual input or intervention.
1. Tap the “Mail” app on your iPad’s home screen, once the Mail app opens, find and tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” in the sidebar and tap “Add Account.”
2. You will see AOL as an email option by default. Tap on AOL, you will then be prompted to enter your AOL account credentails and other descriptions. Type your full AOL email address in the form such as “firstname.lastname@example.org”, enter your AOL email password into the “Password” box. Type your name and description in the boxes individually.
3. Tap the next button, AOL server will then verify your credentials, if you have enterred the correct login and password, then you will see a screen as below.
iPad Air will automatically choose IMAP as the default AOL mail protocal. Every action you take with your AOL email on your iPad air is copied on the IMAP server. If you organize your email into folders, you can access your AOL email from elsewhere and see the same folders you set up on your iPad air. IMAP is ideal for email management on multiple devices, it can keep your AOL emails synced very well.
4. Tap save to confirm and finish adding the AOL account to iPad Air.
Adding AOL Mail Account to iPad Additional Tips
- You can also manually setup AOL on iPad mini, iPhone. See how to add AOL email to iPhone here.
- An alternative to setup AOL email on iPad is to use the manual configuration method. From the Settings > > “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”, you can choose Others other than AOL to enter into the manually setup mode. If you cannot add aol account to your iPad air, double check the manual setup and configurations, you need to use “Imap.aol.com” as the “Incoming Mail Server”, “smtp.aol.com” as the “Outgoing Mail Server”, make sure to input full email address into both “Incoming Mail Server” and “Outgoing Mail Server.” Check out AOL mail manual setup guide here.
Do you have trouble sending Contacts from AOL to iPhone or iPad? Here is the trick you can sync AOL email contacts to iOS device.