Google Photos is a free app for both Android and iOS which lets you store, share, view, edit, manage photos and videos. If you own an iPhone or iPad, should you use Google Photos to replace iCloud Photos? There are several reasons to choose Google Photos over iCloud Photos. Google Photos offers more free storage and is cheaper to buy extra storage space. Google Photos offers cross-platform support which means you can access your media files from almost all other devices or platforms at work, school, or in the homes of family and friends. It has a mobile app for Android and iOS, a desktop app for Windows and Mac, there’s a web app, and you can even sideload the app on devices like Android TV, the Amazon Fire TV Stick, and smart TVs. Google Photos boasts better search. Check out more features of the Google Photos below.
- FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
- FREE STORAGE: Every Google Account comes with 15 GB of free storage and you can choose to automatically back up all your photos and videos in High quality or Original quality. Your photos are safe, secure, and private to you. All photos and videos you back up in High quality before June 1, 2021 will not count toward your Google Account storage.
- ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
- GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
- VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
- SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
- MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
- SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
- LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
- SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
- REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
- ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
Get it for free from Apple App Store here.