Want to remotely access your computer from your iPhone or iPad on the go? All you have to do is to install a remote desktop software on the computer and download a client app on your iOS device to connect and control the computer. We recommend RealVNC is a popular remote access software for desktop and mobile. On your computer, download VNC Connect and then set up the VNC server on your PC. Sign up a free account using your email account. Then download VNC Viewer for iOS on the mobile phone or tablet. Log in to the same VNC account on the iPhone or iPad to connect and control your computer.
Set up a RealVNC server on computer
Download and install the RealVNC server software from the RealVNC website.
Launch the RealVNC server software and follow the prompts to complete the installation. During the installation process, you have to sign in to license VNC Server. Sign in using the email address that you used to create your RealVNC account online. If you don’t have one yet, click the link ‘Don’t have an account’ to sign up. For personal use, you can choose Home subscription and use it for free with limited features. Other than licensing VNC server on PC or Mac, you will also need to create a password for the VNC server so as to prevent unauthorized remote access to your computer.
Once the installation is complete, launch the RealVNC server software on your computer. The VNC server will now be running and you can connect to it from a VNC viewer program on another computer or your mobile phones and control it remotely.
Remotely access computer from iPhone or iPad
Go to download the VNC Viewer iOS app first. Then sign in to your RealVNC account. You’ll see your computers automatically appear, simply tap to connect.
You can view your computer’s desktop, and control its mouse and keyboard as via you were sitting in front of it.
Remotely control PC or Mac from iPhone iPad
During a session, your device’s touch screen serves as a trackpad to give you precise control.
- Pinch two fingers together to zoom out, or apart to zoom in.
- Place one finger on the screen and drag to position the mouse cursor (offset from under your finger so you can always see it).
- Tap with one finger to click the left mouse button at the point the mouse cursor is positioned (not your finger).
- Tap twice with one finger to click the left mouse button at the point the mouse cursor is positioned (not your finger).
- Tap with two fingers to click the right mouse button at the point the mouse cursor is positioned (not your finger).
- Tap with three fingers to click the middle mouse button at the point the mouse cursor is positioned (not your finger).
- Place two fingers on the screen and drag slowly up or down to scroll the current application.
- Tap, hold and drag to move a desktop object (such as a dialog box or icon), or select a body of text.
- Tap once and hold to long press for the required duration.
- Place two fingers on the screen and drag to pan.