Your internet connection can be shared between wireless machines and devices. For example, iPhone users can share their data connection via personal hotspot. This is useful when you are traveling and you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection available for your laptop to get some job done on the go. On the other way, if your computer is connected to a network, you can also share its internet connection from computer to your mobile phone.
Sometimes you want to get your friends online at home but do not want to give out your password. You can also follow above instructions to create a mobile hotspot on your computer and let your friends connect to the hotspot network other than connecting to your wireless router directly. Once you’ve set up the Mobile hotspot, you can use it to connect your other devices to the internet, even if they don’t have their own Wi-Fi connection. It’s a handy feature for when you’re on the go and need to connect multiple devices to the internet using just one connection.
Mobile hotspot can be found in major Windows OS, such as Windows 11, Windows 10, etc. It lets us use our computer as a wireless access point. This means that you can share your computer’s internet connection with other devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or other computers, by creating a wireless hotspot.
To use the Mobile hotspot feature, you need to have a compatible wireless adapter on your computer and an active internet connection. Note that you can connect up to 8 different devices at the same time to the mobile hotpsot on Windows PC.
Set up hotspot in Windows 11
- Click on the Start menu and select Settings;
- Click on Network & internet from the left-hand menu;
- Select Mobile hotspot;
- Before you switch “Mobile Hotspot” on, it’s best to configure how it will work. First, click on “Share my internet connection from” and choose the source of the internet you’re sharing, like Ethernet or Wi-Fi;
- Click the Share Over and select Wi-Fi;
- Optionally configure your hotspot settings, such as network name and password;
- Connect your iPhone and other devices to the hotspot using the network name and password you set up above.